Sunday, April 6, 2008

Inspire me to be vegetarian?

I found Pamela Rice’s article, “101 Reasons Why I'm a Vegetarian" to be interesting and informative. Although it was full of significant information, it did not inspire me to become a vegetarian. Rice had some good thoughts and ideas that mostly focused on the mistreatment of animals, but they were not convincing enough. I’m sure this article is more motivating for vegans and vegetarians as they already have these ideas in place.

I think that it is your choice to eat meat or not, and that your individual choice is moral. Some people may view eating meat as unethical, but you are entitled to your own opinion. If the entire world were vegetarians and vegans, would we exhaust our plant resources? It seems as though our world is too far advanced into the meat eating tradition to change it now. Although many cultures and traditions are based around eating meat, it is clear that there are moral ways to get meat.

No comments: