Monday, December 10, 2007

Freud's Theories

I agree with Allan Hobson, that some of Freud’s work is out dated since his theories date back to 1895. Although Freud’s theories seem obsolete, I agree with Soames, that they still have merit. I believe that the mind continues to work and think while we are sleeping, and thus I agree with Soames completely. It is evident that during sleep many people’s brains allow them to do things that they wouldn’t do during their sleep. I believe that Freud’s theories about dreams are correct, and that we are in a different state when we awake. Dreams seem to be a way for dreamers to clear their minds and do what they desire. It is evident that people’s dreams have some connection with their lives, and thus have intrinsic value as Soames stated. Soames is correct that dreams need to be interpreted, and that Freud’s theory of hallucinatory is correct. I believe that dreams can present something to us and that usually we need to decipher what the dream really means. Although Freud's dreams are a bit out dated, we should not throw them out. I believe that although Freud's theories are not extremely scientific that he had brushed the surface of something very important and that someone needs to complete and expand on his theories.

No comments: